Key Highlights of RBI’S Monetary Policy
Today RBI Governor, Shaktikanta Das has highlighted key points on monetary policy with mixed notes. On the pandemic the banking sector was keen about the changes of repo rate if any. Here what RBI Policy on 9th October, 2020 Reveals find below.
RBI Moneytary Policy Key highlighs:
- Repo rate remains unchanged at 4%.MSF rate and Bank rate remain unchanged at 4.25 %
- Reverse repo rates remain unchanged at 3.35%
- Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the center has been kept higher at ₹1.25 lakh crore compared to ₹35,000 crores in H2 of the previous year.
- Recovery to be sector-specific.
- Labour-intensive. Agriculture and allied activities; fast-moving consumer goods; two-wheelers, passenger vehicles, and tractors; drugs and pharmaceuticals; and electricity generation, especially renewables, are some of the sectors in this category.
- *GDP is expected to decline by 9.5 percent